Tuesday, August 16, 2005

American Apparel (Clothing)

Though I used to be a shop-a-holic, over the years I've cut back a lot of what I'm consuming (my one true weakness being books!). I only try to buy products that I know I'll use (cuts back on clutter and saves money, not to mention better for the planet :) ). I'm more into buying less, high quality products, than consuming more, low quality things. And if the company also practices some sustainable methods or is all natural, all so much the better!

Here is one clothing company that fits the bill. American Apparel is a t-shirt company from downtown LA that is rapidly becoming a quick favorite. And no wonder! These tees are completely made in the U.S.A., ensuring high quality without exploitation of workers. I love them because they come a a slew of colors, fit well, are durable, and are made with high quality dyes that last. I recently brought one of their tees, in a similar style that my sister has, and when we compared them, we were surprised how well the color remained true (hers was two or three years old!). They also sell long-sleeved tees, tanks, hoodies, bras, underwear, and organic tees, made with 100% USDA Certified Organic Cotton.

1 comment:

beXn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.