Saturday, May 06, 2006

Aloe Facial Cleansing Gel (Natural Skin care)

I realize I haven't posted in a while (sorry; in the middle of end of the semester projects and finals!) so here is a quick post on using aloe as a cleanser. I'll try to post more regularly in the summer!


Though aloe is most often used in toners, lotions, and creams, I also occasionally use aloe as a gentle morning cleanser. It effective cleanses and refreshes the skin, providing moisture without stripping the skin of its natural oils. It's better for skin that doesn't need deep cleaning or makeup removal, hence why I recommend using it in the morning rather than at night. (I recommend washing your skin with soap or a liquid or cream or oil cleanser, depending on your skin type, for your nightly routine).

You can use it as is, or mix it with hydrosol, a small amount of oil or glycerin, and also a few drops of essential oil to make a fantastic aromatherapy cleanser. If your skin is oily, you can also add a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar or witch hazel. Apply with a cotton pad or ball. I love this light cleanser since it is so soothing and infuses my dehydrated skin with moisture! And best of all, it also doubles as a toner, saving me an extra step!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you rinse afterward, or just leave it on? Do you use aloe straight from the plant?

Solarkat said...

Hi Bella

You just leave it on. It also doubles as a toner. You can use aloe from the plant or a natural aloe (preserved with food grade preservatives). Be wary of some aloe companies (who may add some ingredients that aren't that great for the skin, be sure to get a pure aloe).

Cheers,
Li