Monday, March 24, 2014

Free Aromatherapy And Traditional Chinese Medicine Webinars (Essential Oils And Pulse Diagnosis)

I am so excited!  There are a lot of upcoming free webinars by a few aromatherapists and herbalists!

Over the next few days, there are not one but THREE free aromatherapy webinars.  :) The first one is a webinar on aromatherapy for first aid on March 26th.   It is being taught by aromatherapy and herbal pioneer, Mindy Green.  Green is a registered herbalist (through the American Herbalists Guild (AHG)) and a registered aromatherapist (Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC)). She has been teaching for over 35 years. She is on a lot of advisory boards (like the American Botanical Council (ABC) and the American College of Healthcare Sciences), and was one of the founders of the American Herbalists Guild.   Plus she is an esthetician! Green has written some of my most favorite aromatherapy books (A Complete Guide To The Healing Art 2nd edition, and Natural Perfumes), and has written many excellent articles too!  Her aromatherapy webinars are so informative (I've listened to a few of her webinars and AHG seminars in the past).  Since she is both an aromatherapist and an herbalist, she uses both essential oils and herbs for healing and for creating products.  She calls this 'aroma-herbalism'.  Green is one of my favorite western herbalists and aromatherapists; I have learned so much from her books, webinars, seminars, and articles, etc. She is so knowledgable so I am very happy that she is offering this webinar!

The second one is by vintage aromatherapist Andrea Butje.  Andrea Butje has been practicing aromatherapy for over 15 years, and was a massage therapist for far longer.  Her aromatherapy school is Aromahead, which is approved by both  National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) which are the two U.S. aromatherapy organizations (AIA is international based but headquartered in the U.S.).  Last year she received AIA's life time achievement award.   I wasn't that familiar with her until last year; I don't think she published an aromatherapy book until fairly recently (which I need to get) and I never bought from her former aromatherapy company (Aromatics International, which is now owned by someone else), though I had heard of it before.  But I am glad I stumbled across her work!  I have seen a couple of her free webinars, taken her free basic essential oil course, have read her blog, and seen her free youtube videos and recipes to get a sense of her teaching style, how she practices aromatherapy, and her background.  I really like how she breaks down aromatherapy step by step, and explains things very clearly.  I especially like her personality; she is very calm, relaxed, and is very sunny!  The layout of her courses is innovative in that it is completely online and interactive. (I have taken an online course by another Aromahead teacher too, more about that in another post!).  Anyways her upcoming webinar on March 27th will discuss the aromatherapy courses she teaches, so if you have been thinking about her school, then watch the webinar so you can learn about and ask questions about her courses!

And there is a third one!  Jade Shutes is having a free blending webinar. I don't know much about Jade Shutes's aromatherapy background; I wasn't that familiar with her work until last year.  I've known that she had an aromatherapy massage book for years (but I don't have her book yet) but I didn't begin reading her blog posts until sometime last year.  She is the current president of NAHA, so her knowledge of essential oils is probably sound.   I like the skin care recipes she has on her blog, they look like great formulations.  I like her essential oil profile posts because they look very thorough and complete, and she often discusses some of the rarer aromatics.  The essential oil blending webinar is on April 2nd.  I am looking forward to seeing it and learning more about her background and philosophies.  Based on her recipes on her blog, she is an excellent formulator, and knows the properties of essential oils well!  Shutes has an aromatherapy school called Theida.

And last but not least, herbalism and acupuncturist pioneer Michael Tierra has a free webinar on Traditional Chinese Medicine pulse diagnosis on April 1 (it was supposed to be at an earlier date but got rescheduled).  This webinar is one of the few free American Herbalists Guild webinars being offered this year.  Tierra was one of the founders of the American Herbalists Guild, and he is familiar with many different types of herbalism and alternative medicine.  He teaches a combination of western herbalism, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and Ayurveda, so understands herbalism from many different perspectives.  And maybe I am biased ;P since I am currently a student of his 2-3 year professional herbalism course, but he is just brilliant, and very knowledgable on many different subjects.  I've actually taken a previous webinar of his on pulse diagnosis, but I am going to listen to this one too.  Since I have no idea if he will be going over all the same things or not.  And when I heard the previous webinar, I had just started his class, so hardly knew a thing about TCM!  Now that I know a little more, I look forward to his webinar.  Just want to say that his webinars are very in depth, and he goes over a lot of different topics, so take lots of notes!

So register and listen to some or all of these webinars!  :)

Just want to mention I've posted about other free webinars and many aromatherapy and herbal resources (including courses, tips, links to essential oil profiles, etc) and eco living articles (crafting, DIY skin care recipes, environmental issues, conservation, etc) on Earth Alkemie's (my skin care and perfume business) facebook fan page, that I haven't posted here on my personal eco blog.  So check out my business fan page for more resources!  Right now (at the time of this writing) Earth Alkemie has been closed for a long time (due to my and my dad's chronic health issues), but I hope to reopen eventually (I still have no idea when).

Related side note:  I would check out NAHA and AIA for more information about aromatherapy.  NAHA doesn't have as much information on their website as they used to though (some controversy, not so sure about all the details).   And visit AHG's and ABC's websites for more info on herbalism! All of the websites I have linked (the personal websites and school websites) have a lot of info on them too!




No comments: