Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Book and Green Festivals in D.C. (Things to do)

Just a quick reminder. The National Book Festival in D.C. is this weekend (September 24th, on the mall). It is free! I will definitely be there to see one of my most favorite authors, Neil Gaiman. He's presentating in the Fiction and Fantasy Pavilion from 12:40-1:10pm, and then signing from 2-4pm. He'll probably be reading from his new book, Anansi Boys. Be sure to line up quickly for the signing, as the line for him (as I discovered last year to my dismay) was long. Hopefully this year I'll actually get something signed.

After the Book Fest (which is why I might forgo the signing), I intend to head towards the Green Festival. It is also on September 24 and 25. It is at the Washington D.C. Convention Center, and cost $15 for adults each day, $7 for Students/Seniors, but kids 12 and under get in Free! Also if you ride your bike to get there you can get in for $5. There will be a lot there: clothing made out of organic and sustainable materials, organic food, fair trade coffee and chocolate, and speakers galore! Also free yoga and tai chi classes. Can we say I am excited this weekend?

No comments: